We – Linde Hydraulics – develop, produce, and globally supply modular drive systems consisting of hydraulics, power transmissions and electronics. As a leading technology provider in the field of high pressure hydraulics, the systems produced by us set the standard in terms of significantly reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Our product range comprises hydraulic pumps and motors, valves, electronic controls, and peripheral devices. We are a development partner and supplier of several reputable manufacturers of mobile work machinery, including construction, mining, agricultural, forestry and municipal utility machines, as well as manufacturers of industrial machinery.
Our company, which was founded in 1904, is based in Aschaffenburg, Germany. We employ approximately 1200 individuals working across four production sites in Germany, a fifth production site in China and at subsidiaries in Europe, the U.S., South America, and China. We are represented in more than 50 countries by a strong network of around 80 sales and service partners.
Due diligence processes
- Operate strict procurement processes, ensuring suppliers comply with all applicable laws and standards, including those which relate to the Modern Slavery Act;
- Expect our suppliers to have suitable anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes in place within their own businesses and to cascade those policies to their own suppliers;
- Have completed an analysis of assurance information from existing suppliers and partners and followed up where relevant;
- The Procurement Team follow the advice and guidance in relation to the Modern Slavery Act set out in the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) code of professional conduct;
- Provide regular training in respect of the Modern Slavery Act to our Procurement Team;
- Have added a specific item relating to the Modern Slavery Act to the agenda of the contract management meetings with suppliers enabling us to be kept informed of any changes;
- Include appropriate terms in our contractual documentation, obliging suppliers and contractors to comply with the Modern Slavery Act and reserving the right for Linde Hydraulics to audit suppliers and contractors, where we consider it appropriate;
- Encourage staff to identify and report any potential breaches of Lind Hydraulics anti-slavery policy statement;
- Whistle blowers are protected through our confidential reporting process.
The above procedures are designed to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
- Provide adequate protection for whistle blowers.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Linde Hydraulics slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31/12/17.
Linde Hydraulics GmbH & Co.Kg